New season, new skin care regimen. There’s no better time than the present to start prepping your complexion for the impending (and highly welcomed) rising temps and sticky humidity that lies ahead. Here are my top tips and Beautycounter products to renew your skin this season.
Snow, sludge, and rain can cause season-long buildup on the skin – dead skin cells, leftover product, and environmental toxins – which is why it’s important to exfoliate in the new season. Light exfoliation followed by a moisturizing mask and hydrating oil will help get rid your skin of that dead winter skin. To keep skin smooth and vibrant, I recommend masking up to 3x a week.
1. The Brightening Collection – This collection consists of a mask, mist, and facial oil that reawakens dull skin and boosts radiance. Antioxidant-rich vitamin C helps reduce the appearance of age spots for a brighter, more even complexion especially perfect for rejuvenating your skin after those cold winter months.
2. Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion – I am so excited about this new launch! This is a super lightweight formula that absorbs quickly and allows skin to breathe. It adjusts hydration levels throughout the day to keep your skin within the optimal hydration zone for 24 hours – YES PAH-LEEEEASE!
Say so long to thick socks, turning up the heater, and lathering on the heavy moisturizer. It’s time to lighten your load and switch to a moisturizer that is light and smooth but rich enough to quench skin.
3. Color Pinch Cream Blusher – Brighten up your complexion even more with a little blush! I had never used a cream blush before this, but after trying it out I’m totally sold. Color Pinch Cream Blusher lightens cheeks with a natural, dewy color while jojoba, ester, and carnauba wax condition and hydrate skin.
Easily apply at home or on the go with a simple tap of your finger tips or an angled brush from the stick to your cheeks, and boom, that little touch of color makes all the difference in your complexion and you’re ready for Spring!
4. Lip Gloss in Peony – Spring is the season of beautiful blooms, so why not put a little of that beauty on your lips? This gloss goes on ultra smooth with no stickiness, seriously.
5. Nourishing Eye Cream and Rejuvenating Eye Cream – Because the sun’s more prominent in the spring (thank the LORD), people are more prone to squinting. To combat the fine lines and wrinkles that can form around the eyes, find an eye cream to pamper the delicate skin around your eyes.
89% of women reported under-eye puffiness was reduced and fine lines were diminished while using the Rejuvenating Eye Cream. (Results based on independent, 8-week, 28-subject, single-blind clinical and consumer perception study).
Of course, a pair of big sunglasses is never a bad idea, either.