These chilly winter months can give your skin that beautiful rosy flush but also can take a serious toll on your skin. Cool temperatures, harsh winds, and dry air remove the natural oils from your skin, making it dry and prone to irritation. Your skin can become itchy and painful, and skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis can act up. Fortunately, there are many steps that you can take to prevent dryness and irritation.
Beauty counter offers some pretty incredible natural products to help restore and nourish your Winter skin!!
- Citrus Mimosa Body Bar – Infused with their classic, clean Citrus Mimosa scent, this ultra luxurious body bar contains organic shea butter and antioxidant-rich organic marula and mongongo oils. It gently cleanses, hydrates, and softens skin. The best part, it lasts for MONTHS!!
- Nourishing Cream Exfoliator – I made the switch from foamy to creamy cleansers when I started using Beautycounter. Foaming agents like sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) can be extremely harmful to the body. Beautycounter has made it their mission to produce clean and safe products without these harmful chemicals. This exfoliating cleanser sweeps away impurities to uncover fresh, radiant skin by using non-abrasive jojoba beads to slough off dry skin, while organic coconut oil and aloe soothe and hydrate.
- Body Oil – THIS!! Oh man, you guys, I can’t say enough about this stuff. It is instantly absorbed while intensely moisturizing. Literally saves my skin in the winter, but it is especially good to rub into cuticles and to moisturize dry hands. A blend of 13 botanical oils leaves skin smooth, silky, and luminous, while hints of grapefruit, sweet orange, and rosemary create a beautifully complex yet subtle scent. YUM.
- Body Butter – My sister was in need of a creamy luxurious lotion that could do the job well. Que body butter….this rich body butter that absorbs easily without feeling greasy is perfect for very dry skin. Shea butter and mongongo oil hydrate and nourish skin, while organic sunflower oil, aloe, and chamomile soothe and smooth.
- Lip Sheer in Currant – Again, a definite fav of mine. Lipstick has always been tricky for me because my lips get pretty dry and flakey. Beauty counter created an amazingly silky-smooth, long-lasting, lightweight formula that feels like lip balm. Every shade was color-tested to ensure that each hue complements all skin tones. Plus, there’s no synthetic fragrance—just a delicious hint of natural vanilla. This is my new favorite color, especially during the holidays!