If you’re interested in the newest health trend that is suddenly everywhere, let’s familiarize you so you’re ready to dive in and start reaping the benefits!!
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies. It’s found in muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, digestive system and tendons. It’s what helps give our skin strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells. When it comes to our joints and tendons, in simplest terms, it’s the “glue” that helps hold the body together.
Until our twenties, our body naturally produces collagen. As this production slows and eventually ceases, we begin to see the signs of aging. Other lifestyle factors — like eating a diet high in sugar, smoking, and high amounts of sun exposure — also contribute to depleting collagen levels.
That’s why it’s important to replenish your collagen levels – to keep everything happy and healthy – especially your hair, skin, nails, joints, and muscles!
How collagen can help you:
- Improves Health of Skin and Hair
- Reduces Joint Pains and Degeneration
- Helps Heal Leaky Gut
- Boosts Metabolism, Muscle Mass, and Energy Output
- Strengthens Nails, Hair, and Teeth
- Improves Liver Health
- Protects Cardiovascular Health
How to get more collagen in your life:
- Bone broth
- Homemade jello
- Taking collagen supplements
- Eating a well-rounded diet
- Collagen powder
One of the easiest ways to add quality collagen to your diet is through collagen powder. I add it to my coffee, smoothies, and essentially any recipe! Vital Proteins collagen powder has recently become an every day essential to my life! They offer great products to boost your collagen and encourage a healthy lifestyle. By replenishing collagen levels, it benefits the building blocks that maintain hair, skin and nails. Let’s call it, the Fountain of Youth! I absolutely LOVE the Pasture-raised, Grass-fed Collagen Peptides.
Vital Proteins offer a few different types of collagen, so here’s a quick guide of my favorite products to help you choose the right collagen for you.
- PASTURE-RAISED, GRASS-FED COLLAGEN PEPTIDES
- These collagen peptides are from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hides to ensure a natural, high quality, and sustainable source of this ancient nutrient.
- These natural peptides are highly bio-available, digestible and soluble in cold or hot liquids.
- COLLAGEN BEAUTY GREENS
- Premium natural blend for a beautiful glow that begins from within.
- Helps prevent the signs of aging.
- Offers a natural coconut flavor made from organic coconut water and vanilla beans.
- Nourishing elixir combines marine collagen peptides with raw organic greens, hyaluronic acid and probiotics.
- Improves skin’s moisture, smoothness, and tone.
- MARINE COLLAGEN, WILD-CAUGHT, NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED
- Supports joint health.
- From fresh wild-caught snapper.
- Promotes youthful skin, healthier hair, and stronger nails.
- Natural glycine promotes healthy immune, digestive, and central nervous systems.
If you’re still trying to figure out where to start on your collagen journey, feel free to reach out to me! I would love to help you!