I can’t begin to tell you how many clean chocolate chip cookies I’ve tried. Many failures, some okay, but THIS one….THIS is a winner.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¼-1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter and coconut sugar. Then add the egg and mix again until well combined.
- Add ¼ cup of cocoa powder at a time.
- Then add baking soda, vanilla, salt and chocolate chips and combine until everything is well mixed. This was all hands for me. It’s a dirty job, but someone has to do it (this should be a very thick dough).
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough and make into a round ball. Place on silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. This dough will create 13-15 cookies that size.
- Once you’ve placed all the balled dough onto the baking sheet, use a fork to press the cookies down just slightly. No need to really flatten them out, just get them to look more cookie shape instead of ball shape. If you press them down too much, they’ll come apart when they bake so be careful.
- Place baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes until removing from baking sheet to place on cooling rack. If you try to remove these from the baking sheet early, they will come apart.