I’ve had a night time routine since jr high school. I am super religious about it and very rarely skip a night. I love having a night time routine because I am a creature of habit and love routine and it makes me feel nice and clean before getting into bed. Having a solid night time beauty routine is super important because sleep is your body’s time to repair and heal. This is especially true for your skin. Your skin cannot heal when it is still covered in the day’s makeup, dirt, and pollution.
I’ve used a ton of different products since jr high: Neutrogena, Proactive, Aveeno – basically everything and anything you can find at your local drug store. I’ve also tried prescription strength acne treatments and high quality spa treatment products. I’ve gotten countless facials and tried way too many masks (DIY and spa quality).
My skin has always been really sensitive, red, and acne prone. I’ve never had really bad acne, but definitely a few little pimples especially around that time of the month. My biggest pet peeve is when people point out my red skin. “Oh wow, are you sunburnt? You look so red”. UGH.
Since using Beautycounter, changing to a more natural lifestyle, and saying goodbye to toxic chemicals, my skin is smooth, clear, and finally hydrated! Now when I look back at photos from high school and college I think, wow my skin actually was really red and irritated.
Our skin is our largest organ, and when you continuously put harsh chemicals on it of course it’s going to get red, dry, and irritated. Even the more ‘natural’ and organic products out there contain irritating ingredients that your skin will not be a fan of. Beautycounter’s products are safe, clean, and get the job done. Coconut oil, aloe, and other soothing oils are the bases for much of their products – all aiming to hydrate, balance, and nourish your skin.
Beautycounter nightly routine:
- Wash with the Nourishing Cream Cleanser – I use this to take off my makeup and cleanse my skin at the same time. I wet my face with warm water, apply a small amount of cleanser (a little goes a long way), and lather. I then rub it over my eyes to take off my mascara at the end. Rinse with warm water and viola!
- Apply Nourishing Night Cream to entire face and neck. The base of this line is organic coconut oil which nourishes skin while you sleep. This night cream also has aloe, geranium, and green tea to hydrate and protect against dryness.
- Gently apply Nourishing Eye Cream around and under eyes with my ring fingers. My mom has tried countless eye creams, and when I gave her this for Christmas, she hasn’t turned back to any others. If my Botox-loving skin care obsessed mother can put this cream on her top products list, I’m sold!
- Apply Lip Conditioner Calendula – I put this on right before I get into bed. Calendula acts as an anti-inflammatory to help heal chapped lips. I can also put this on at night and wake up with it still on and my lips feeling ultra soft and moisturized.
This takes me less than 5 minutes to complete and even less when I’m not wearing makeup. I added a video at the bottom of this post of me doing this exact routine to show how simply it really is!! Once you create the habit of your night time routine, it becomes second nature. I’ll even fall asleep on the couch, wake up late into the night distraught and confused, and automatically go wash my face and do this routine.
This routine changes. Some nights I’ll add in the Nourishing Rosewater Mist to tone my skin after cleansing and before I apply moisturizer. Other nights I’ll use a few drops of facial oil (Brightening, Plumping, or Balancing) with the moisturizer. Facial oils hydrate and smooth out the skin in a beautiful way. Contrary to what you may have been told, oils can actually help prevent the skin from producing excessive oil. On the nights my skin needs a super moisture boost, I’ll apply (my favorite) Cleansing Balm.
Now onto why you really wanted to check out this post…. the giveaway! Beautycounter offers such great products I want everyone to try them
out!! So in honor of celebrating this amazing company, I’m giving away the Lip Conditioning Set and the Nourishing Collection sample set to a lucky winner!!
How to enter:
- Follow @the.fresh.pursuit on Instagram
- Comment on my ‘Night Time Routine’ Instagram post tagging 2 friends and tell them your favorite Beautycounter product (either a product you’ve tried or want to try!)
- The winner will be announced (via Instagram) on May 17th at 5:00 PST!