It’s funny how people can eat the same thing everyday for breakfast, but when it comes to dinner don’t dare feed me the same thing twice.
Toast is definitely one of those duplicates. I have toast for breakfast at least 3 times a week, but I could probably eat it everyday. It’s super quick, easy, and I mean c’mon people it’s bread. YUM.
Eating the same thing for breakfast everyday or even most of the week can get pretty repetitive no matter how much you like it or how easy it is to make. So here are some yummy toppings to change things up throughout the week!
1.Avocado – The best. Just mush up some avo with a fork straight on the toast and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. So simple, so good. If you want to get fancy, chop some fresh cilantro for extra flavor.
2. Sunny Side Up – A fried egg with a runny yoke is one of my favorite go-to’s. Throw some Kerrygold butter in a pan, crack an egg or two, and cover for a few minutes. Don’t be afraid of the yoke, it’s the most nutritious part of the egg packed full of healthy fats!
3. Yogurt and Berries – My husband loves yogurt more than anyone could ever love yogurt. Seriously. The dude could eat it all day everyday if I let him. So one day I decided to slap some on toast and I was pleasantly surprised. Top it off with some fresh berries and and even some chia seeds and there you have it, a super yummy and nutritious breakfast!
4. Nut Butter with Fruit – Nut and seed butters are super filling, so this is a great topping for a long day ahead. My favorites are almond butter and sunflower seed butter. I love adding cinnamon and some fruit like fresh strawberries, figs, or pears.
5. Pesto – Fresh homemade pesto could be used as currency with some of my friends. Pesto is super easy to make and has a wide range of variety! Spread some on toast and top it with an egg or fresh sliced tomatoes and bell peppers.
6. Wild Caught Smoked Salmon – Salmon contains high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids which are great for your brain, heart, and keeping inflammation down. I like to put smoked salmon over cream cheese or butter and top with fresh cilantro or basil.