This granola is SO good and SO simple to make, and the best part? NO ADDED SUGAR!!
- 2 cups nuts (any combination of walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, etc.)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup large coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 organic egg white, whisked until frothy
- Optional: 1 cup dried fruit (unsweetened cranberries, raisins, dates)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat
- Take off heat and stir in ginger, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine nuts in a food processor and pulse several times to chop the nuts roughly.
- Transfer nuts to a large bowl. Pull out any large chunks and re-process.
- Add sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, oats, and dried fruit (if using) to the nuts.
- Toss to combine then pour the oil mixture into the nut mixture and mix well.
- Whisk egg white and pour over mixture and combine with a spoon or your hands, making sure everything is coated well.
- Transfer granola onto baking sheet, spreading it out into one even layer.
- Bake granola for 20-25 minutes until dry and golden (watch it closely so it doesn’t burn).